Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh, Trader Joe's I Had Such High Hopes For You

One day I was wondering what to do for supper that evening, instead of running somewhere and grabbing something, I decided to stop at Trader Joe's. I had heard WONDERFUL things about their frozen section. Seeing that I HATE to cook this seemed like the perfect solution to my supper dilemma.

I purchased the Garlic Naan, Shredded Beef Burritos, and Cheese Enchiladas.

The Garlic Naan is amazing, love, love, love it. Perfect addition to any meal. Super easy to prepare - take frozen from the freezer, let your oven pre-heat to 400 for about 10 minutes, then bake for 1-5 on a baking sheet. The only thing missing was yogurt sauce, however, I was not seeing it in the store, and lets face it, there was no way I was going to make it that night.

Next up the Shredded Beef Buritto - let me say first and foremost, I am not a fan of pinto beans. I pretty much think they taste like dirt. Needless to say, I was not impressed with these at all. They needed less beans and a little more beef. I couldn't doctor them up enough to choke them down. Into the trash they went.

Last but not least, Cheese Enchiladas - now I am a huge fan of Mexican food, and it really takes a lot for me to really hate something, but this? Totally hate-able. Too much sauce, not enough cheese and the tortillas ended up really mushy - you know, due to the sauce issue. This ended up being more like a tortilla soup.

I was sorely saddened by the above 2 dishes, but I will try other things there, since, you know, I hate to cook and all.

Katie

1 comment:

  1. Never been in Trader Joe's but I would try it. I liked Whole Foods pretty well. Sorry the food was such a bummer. Nothing worse than setting your taste buds up for something you think will be good and then... big fat let down!

    ReplyDelete


Contents © Minnesota Nice | Design by LunaStone Designs