Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saving Money, But Not Looking Like A Hobo Doing It

So, today, Heather and I went bargain hunting. It was so fun, I forgot how much I love the thrill of finding a good deal! It was even better because she had coupons for the thrift shops we went to. So, no only were we saving because we were thrifting, we saved even more on top of that! One store had a 20% off of your purchase, the other was 25% off of your purchase. Can't beat those deals!

One of the reasons I thought of blogging again was, to share tips and tricks about saving, and seeing if anyone else had any ideas to share.

The biggest thing I noticed while out today, was the holiday decorations. For pennies on the dollar, you can decorate your home with cute stuff. People are re-decorating all of the time and donating so many nice things. I estimated, today, if I would have purchased holiday decor, I probably could have more than enough for my apartment (all stuff that is my style as well) for about $ 50.00, this would not be including a tree or lights / ornaments.

Finding coupons for additional percentages off is always an added bonus.

I love going shopping at second hand stores, one of my favorites for clothing is Plato's Closet. If you sign up for their mailing list, you will receive coupons for $ 5.00 off your purchase, they also have a 'punch' card. For every $ 200.00 you spend, you will receive 20% off of a future purchase. I almost always find something here, the clothes are always in EXCELLENT condition, name brand, and in style. The prices are also very reasonable.

Another way Heather and I have found to save money is taking advantage of Sonic's happy hour. We both LOVE the limeaides, between 2 - 4 you can get them 1/2 price. Can't beat $ 2.50 for a 44 ounce glass of happiness!

These are just a couple of the ways I like to save some money, I will have more posts on this subject in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Have you been to ARC on 66th & Lyndale? I score majorly there almost every single time. It's huge, and they have housewares as well as clothes. Really fun store.

    ReplyDelete


Contents © Minnesota Nice | Design by LunaStone Designs